TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Elements Motors Trading Terms and Conditions
1. The Buyer will pay to the Vendor the purchase price in cleared funds on the settlement date.
2. Upon receipt of the purchase price in cleared funds, the Vendor will deliver the Vehicle into the possession of the Buyer. On delivery of possession, title to and risk in the Vehicle shall pass to the Buyer.
3. The Vendor warrants that on delivery of possession, the Vehicle shall pass to the Buyer free of all securities, liens and on road costs.
4. The Vendor warrants to the best of the Vendor’s knowledge that the odometer reading reflects the actual distance travelled by the vehicle.
5. The Buyer acknowledges that: The Vehicle is sold on an “as is, where is” basis; The Buyer has fully inspected the Vehicle and purchases same not upon the basis of any representation or warranty made by the Vendor other than that contained in clause 4 above; All representations or warranties (whether statutory, expressed or implied) except any which may not be excluded by law are expressly excluded, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose; and The Vendor shall not be liable to the Buyer for any damage or defects of any nature whatsoever in the Vehicle unless such damage or defects occurred between the
date of this agreement and the settlement date in which event the Buyer shall have the option on the settlement date (time being of the essence) of cancelling this agreement whereupon the Vendor shall forthwith refund to the Buyer the deposit (if any) paid by the Buyer.
6. If the Buyer fails to pay the purchase price on the settlement date, the Vendor may cancel this
agreement, forfeit and retain the deposit paid by the Buyer and exercise all or any other rights available to the Vendor either at law or in equity arising from the Buyer breach of this agreement.
7. Elements Motors is a registered vehicle trading company which complies with the New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act.
8. All vehicles traded by Elements Motors ownership must be transferred to new owners registration within 24 hours of sale. Failure to do so will void all further contractual agreements.
9. Any deposit taken to secure a vehicle is not refundable.
Buy Back Terms and Conditions
1. We offer a ‘buy-back’ amount of up to 50% of the purchase total on each vehicle. The buy back offer will be calculated upon sale and be determined by contributing factors such as vehicle return date, Length of travel, mechanical warranty option and contractual agreement.
2. The vehicle must be free from accident damage. This includes all new damage sustained since the vehicle was first handed over to the buyer. Elements Motors will have full mechanical reports and photos of the vehicle showing both the physical and mechanical condition of the vehicle prior to its sale.
3. The vehicle must pass a mechanical inspection and be free from mechanical fault. This includes all new mechanical faults sustained since the vehicle was first handed over to the buyer. Elements Motors will hold full mechanical reports of the vehicles condition prior to its sale to guarantee the vehicle matches the same mechanical condition when it returns.
4. The vehicle must be clean internally and externally. All vehicles which fail to return clean will be charged a $75.00 cleaning fee.
5. The vehicle must have undertaken and passed a WOF (Warranty of Fitness) inspection within 7 days of return date.
6. The vehicle must be currently registered for a minimum of 6 months upon vehicle return.
7. The vehicle Buy Back option will be void if the odometer has been tampered with.
8. Any Road Users Charges attributed to the vehicle must be paid completely prior to contacting Elements Motors.
9. All vehicles qualifying for Buy Back will be subject to mechanical check and need to match the pre-purchase inspection done by Elements Motors.
10. All vehicles qualifying for Buy Back must have undertaken a full service every 5,000km from the purchase date. Elements Motors will request all invoices in relation to services performed. This service includes an Oil Change and Filter clean. Transmission service and basic service check.
11. Elements World Limited will not be responsible for any personal possessions left behind in the vehicle on handover.
12. The vehicle and any accessories sold with the vehicle must be returned with the vehicle to Elements Motors upon Buy-Back settlement.
13. The registered buyer of the vehicle is the only person eligible to return the vehicle for the buy back procedure.
14. The registered vehicle owner is the only authorised person eligible to return the vehicle to Elements Motors under the Buy Back option. Elements Motors may request proof of both identity and vehicle ownership.
15. Any infringement notices must be fully paid prior to any Buy Back settlement.
Elements Motors Extended Warranty T&C
1. Elements Motors offers an extended mechanical warranty on all vehicles sold for a fee of $1000.00 This Mechanical warranty covers all mechanical faults on the Engine, Cooling System and transmission for 6 months or 20,000km depending on which comes first. If the customer does not make a claim under warranty they receive 50% ($500) refunded at the end of the 6 month warranty.
2. Our extended warranty covers all mechanical faults on the Engine Cooling System and Transmission.
3. Extended mechanical warranty will cover repairs of up to $2,500.00. Any additional costs is to be covered by the customer.
4. All vehicles qualifying for extended warranty must have undertaken a full service every 5,000km from the purchase date. Elements Motors will request all invoices in relation to services performed. This service includes an Oil Change and Filter clean. Transmission service and basic service check (vehicle damage report).
5. Upon purchase of our extended warranty, each customer will sign a contract to declare they are responsible for checking there water and oil levels on a daily basis. Elements Motors will provide training for this at the time of sale. This is to educate each customer on detecting Cooling System faults. By doing this the customer should be able to identify a fault quickly allowing them to prevent this problem damaging the engine.
6. The extended warranty does not cover mechanical failure if the fault is generated by damage sustained to vehicle by driver negligence.
7, All mechanical faults related to Engine Cooling System and Transmission must be reported to Elements Motors as soon as a fault is detected. The customer will then have the option to repair this themselves or make a claim under warranty.
8. The extended warranty will become void if the odometer has been tampered with.
9. If a mechanical fault is detected at a service the customer must notify Elements Motors straight away. The customer will then have the option to repair this themselves or claim this repair under the mechanical warranty.
10. Elements Motors is to be notified before any mechanical work is completed on engine, cooling system or transmission. Having mechanical work completed on the vehicle will not make the warranty void as long as Elements Motors are notified of this repair.
11. Elements Motors will cover the first $200.00 of the towing cost if a breakdown occurs and it comes under our mechanical warranty. Anything after this is to be paid by the customer.
12. If a vehicle has undertaken any mechanical repairs which have not been reported to Elements Motors, the mechanical warranty will become void and no refunds will be available.